We are a dynamic organization seeking a part-time Veterinary Technician. Do you have a passion for helping stray and surrendered animals transition into their new forever home? Have you ever wondered how you can apply your skills and experience within a unique environment that directly impacts an animal's second chance at life? Come join our amazing team!
Under the guidance of the shelter Veterinarian, the Veterinary Technician will work closely with the staff to provide high-quality spay, neuter and elective surgeries for the shelter animals. The Vet Tech will be experienced in pre-surgical sedation and preparation, surgical monitoring, and post-surgical recovery. The Vet tech may coach the Animal Caregiver staff on basic medical procedures, medication administration and treatment protocols. The position is a four-hour morning shift one day per work week.
- Pre-anesthesia sedation, intubation and incision site preparation
- Surgical monitoring; sp02 pulse-oximeter, and heart rate monitoring.
- Post-surgical monitoring and recovery
- Laboratory sample collection, preparation, and diagnosis.
- Familiar with medical tracking software
Stop into the shelter to say "Hi" and pick up an employment application. You may also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!